Late Project Slip

Trialed using a late slip for students who couldn't hand in assessment or a project on time. I find that you can spend much time in conversation with students explaining why they cant hand a piece of work up and when they will be able to hand it up.

I came across this idea many years ago - I believe maybe at a Bill Rogers talk....or some other PD I went to.

If is a small form that students fill in stating their reason and when you expect to receive it. The pros about this is that it is like a receipt. It also means their explanation is in writing and this can be referred to in Parent Interviews. I haven't really had an opportunity to use them before, but have found it useful recently. They are handy just to have some blank copies in your folder ready to go.

Comments

Popular Posts